" I love spring and summer when we get to see all the colorful veggies and greens arranged so beautifully in the local market, i feel they are calling out to us cooks to make something beautiful and creative with them. I sometimes feel tempted to buy some just because they look so good ...lol!!! Sandwiches and paninis are my all time favs, so easy to make on those days when you don't feel like cooking a lot. Today was one of those days, rummaging through my fridge to find whatever I could and putting together a beautiful panini- and you have so many options to substitute. I was also trying my hand today at photography, excuse me if my photos don't appeal to the expert food photographers.I am still a novice at best. Anyways, it was quite a hearty meal and so filling. "
- Sandwich /Panini bread ( I used sourdough rye bread ,you can use whatever you want- multigrain,whole wheat )
- Sundried tomato pesto /basil pesto
- Spicy brown mustard
- slices of tomatoes,cucumbers, onions
- slices of potatoes cooked in the microwave for 2 mins
- spinach leaves
- fat free mozzarella
- salt and pepper
- Take the bread slice and spread the pesto on the base slice and layer spinach, onions,cucumbers ,potatoes.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper. If you have any chat masala you can also add at this time.
- Layer the tomatoes and mozzarella.
- Spread the mustard on the bottom of the top slice.
- I used a panini press to grill the sandwich. Place the sandwich on the heated grill/press and leave it on for 3-4 minutes until the cheese melts.
- Cut it into two pieces. Serve hot with soup.